Washington STATE Society
Sons of the American Revolution
We compatriots meet every month at our local chapters to fellowship, honor our patriot ancestors, and advance the goals of SAR - promoting patriotism, serving our communities, and educating and inspiring future generations about the founding principles of our Country.
Honoring our Revolutionary War patriot ancestors
- We work to inspire the community with the principles on which our nation was founded.
- We strive to maintain and extend the institutions of American freedom.
- We work to carry out the promises expressed in the Preamble to the Constitution.
- We provide recognition for public service.
- We strive to honor, respect, and support the sacrifices of our veterans.
- We reocognize those who proudly and properly display the flag.
- We commemorate and provide memorials for the people & events of the American Revolution.
- We preserve records relating to the events leading up to and during the American Revolution.
- We support genealogical research and presentations related to the history and people of the period from 1750 until 1800.
- We enthusiastically sponsor youth awards programs, including essay and oration contests for students, based on historical and patriotic themes.
- We distribute history curriculum and educational media resources across the country.
- We inform the community about the events and philosophical bases of the American Revolution and the Constitution.
- We help people locate and evaluate genealogical records.